Friday 10 February 2017

SMART target

So today we had our first lesson of professional and personal development module so as usual we went through all the assessments that we are required to do.

After all that was done we started going through the Myer Briggs test. If you don't know what the Myer Briggs test is it is a psychometric testing system that shows how people perceive the world and how they make decisions.This testing system is not only used by psychologist but also actors!
So we all decided to individually take the test and the results are posted below!

Image One.My results from the Myer Briggs.(Pape, 2017)

I was very surprised at my results as I believe myself to be very emotional so when I got the result back as 12% feeling it really shocked me, especially as it mentioned that I have a slight preference of over thinking where I really have trouble with over thinking so that was the thing that shocked me the most. I also find myself to be very accepting of all people and I never judge a person that I don't know so my result of 41% shocked me as i never seem to judge people however during this questionnaire I must of done it subconsciousness.

We then went onto SMART targets which if you don't know what they are it is basically a way of you planning a certain achievement in your life if it being a personal or a career goal, you will set a time scale and in that time you will set milestones you need to get to for you to achieve your end goal.Week by week will go through the steps of SMART which stands for

  • Specific - the 6 W's ( Who is involved? What do you want to accomplish? Where do you want go? When will you complete this? Which requirements/constraints do you need/have ? Why do you want to accomplish it?)
  • Measurable - How much will it cost? How many steps do you require to compete this goal? How will you know when you have completed?
  • Achievable/ attainable - Is the goal reasonable enough to be accomplished?How so? Make sure the goal is not out of reach or below your level of work.
  • Realistic -  be sure that everyone goal you set represents substantial progress for your long term goals.is the goal worthwhile and will it meet your needs ? 
  • Timely - your long term goal should be accomplished within a certain timeframe , this should be indicated throughout your planning by a date/month/year. By doing this you will have a sense of urgency which will make you work harder to achieve your end goal.
So let's talk about me ( it is my blog after all) 
I will be setting myself a three year SMART goal which I am going to keep you all up to date with! ( how lucky are you?!?!) so here we go .... 
In three years time I want to have finished and graduated from my BA top up year in special effect make up and live performance, I also want to be gaining opportunities in both special effects and live performance make up. 

Specific ( 6 W's) 

Who? So who is involved? Mainly this is based around me however I will be in contact with people from the industry.
What do you want to accomplish? I want to accomplish my BA top up degree in special effect make up, I also want to accomplish opportunities in special effect make up and live performance.
Where? My goal will mainly be set at the Manchester college for my degree however when it comes to my opportunities in gaining experience in my chosen fields I will still be based in Manchester.
When? I will graduate from my BA top up year in 2018 and then I will give myself until 2020 to gain experience in special effect make up and live performance make up.
 Witch requirements/constraints ? I will be needed to complete my foundation degree which will then allow me to progress onto my BA top up year. I will also need to apply for UCAS and send it off for my BA top up year.The next requirement I will have to do is to go to my interview/ portfolio presentation which will secure my place at Manchester college.To graduate my BA top up  I will be required to pass all my modules for the course which will then allow me to graduate. Once this half of my long term goal is completed I will then be required to post my social media all over industry pages as well as LinkedIn which I will connect with employers in TV and film as well as live performance .

Measurable 
How much will it cost?
Tuition fee's as well as my kit costs which haven't been confirmed yet.

How many steps do you require to compete this goal?

  1. I will need to make sure that I have applied to ucas, 
  2.  Completed all the forms that are required
  3. End off the application
  4. Sort out my portfolio 
  5. Attend interview 
  6. Accept place (hopefully!)
  7. Complete all modules 
  8. Graduate the course
  9. Publish myself on social media in order to gain attend of the industry 
  10. Network with all industry workers

How will you know when you have completed?
I will know I have completed my targets as I will have my BA in special effects and I will be a networking more within the industry.

Achievable/ attainable
 Is the goal reasonable enough to be accomplished?How so?

The goal is reasonable as I have already started to achieve my foundation degree which is how I will be approved onto my BA top up, I already have special effects qualifications therefore I have the requirements to be accepted onto the course.

Realistic   
be sure that everyone goal you set represents substantial progress for your long term goals.is the goal worthwhile and will it meet your needs ?

The goal is worthwhile as at the end of it I will come out with a BA of arts which will help me get work within the industry and it will also help extend my knowledge of special effect make up which will help me better myself at the skill.

Timely
your long term goal should be accomplished within a certain timeframe , this should be indicated throughout your planning by a date/month/year. By doing this you will have a sense of urgency which will make you work harder to achieve your end goal.

I will graduate from my BA top up year in 2018 and then I will give myself until 2020 to gain experience in special effect make up and live performance make up.




Bibliography -
Image One.My results from the Myer Briggs.(Pape, 2017)

Pape, E. (2017). My results from the Myer Briggs test.. [image].

No comments:

Post a Comment