Tuesday 7 March 2017

Birthday concept

Referring back to my initial moodboard ( http://ellapapemakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/first-initial-mood-board-for-timeline.html )  the images that stuck out to me the most and where I have took most of my inspiration from is image one,image two and image three.


Idea #1 
Taking inspiration from the day I was born ( bonfire night)

Idea #2
Taking inspiration from my zodiac ( Scorpio)

Idea #3
Taking inspiration from the star constellation of scorpio


However the idea I liked best was for me to take inspiration from they day I was born as I don't know many people who are born on bonfire night therefore my final image will look completely different and will have different inspiration than everyone else as I know people are taking inspiration from their zodiac and I personally feel that bonfire night is such a beautiful night with the fireworks and bonfires which I can hopefully portray in my look.

The first idea I had was to take the trend of faux freckles and to create colourful "freckles" that represent the fireworks that go off on bonfire night. I created a moodboard which I have included for you to all have a look at below!

Moodboard for my faux freckles idea, bibliography for this is below.

You can see on my moodboard the progression of my look which I will be doing for this concept, at the start of me creating my moodboard I was looking at faux freckles and how they are placed/ what are used to create them, for example if you look at image one, you can see that the make up artist is apply the freckles by using a pencil/ crayon. As my moodboard goes on you can see how my ideas go from faux freckles to colourful/glitter faux freckles.I feel like faux freckles can either look really good and realistic or they can look tacky and fake so this is something I would worry about when I'm creating my look. The freckles in image two I personally feel that they look realistic however when comparing them at image six I can see that they look too big and the way they are placed especially with the colouring they look very placed and they look like the festival make up you see. Image five is a very busy photograph as the glitter around the eyes and forehead seem to take much of the attention however you can see around the nose area that there are in fact freckles both normally coloured and glitter/ coloured,when I first saw this image I didn't like it however once I observed it and saw the freckles I started to like the colour and placement of the freckles, therefore it was the bold placement of the pink glitter that I didn't like. After I had finished my moodboard I created a design chart that was based from my research, I have attached that below.


Design chart #1  based around my faux freckles moodboard. (Pape,2017)
After I created my design chart I thought about the overall photoshoot and I decided that I would change my idea as I thought it wouldn't be striking enough so I started to think about what I could change, I then thought back to my initial moodboard where I included an photograph ( image three on my moodboard http://ellapapemakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/first-initial-mood-board-for-timeline.html ) of a model where she had glitter placed all on her forehead, I had mentioned that I had really loved this image, so I started to get some inspiration from that image, I then decided to look at other images exactly like the one I included in my inital moodboard just to get some more ideas flowing.

Moodboard two - bibliography included below.

I really like the geometric shapes! However I have found by completing this research is that the colour scheme I like the most is when there is a black background with the colourful glitter placed on top. The representation I will be making to the black background and the colourful glitter is the colourful glitter is a representation of the fireworks and the black background is a representation of the dark night of bonfire night. The image I like the most is image Five, I love the sharpness of the triangle along with the contrast of the colouring choices, another factor I absolutely love is how the lips are a totally different colour than the rest of the make up. On image seven you can see the whole face is plastered in silver glitter with smoke coming from the models mouth, I love this idea and I feel like it can be related back to my birthday shoot as the smoke can represent the smoke coming from fireworks. Have a look below for my second design chart.



Design chart #2 (Pape,2017)
Products I will be using 





Bibliography -

Image One. Get the Look: Faux Freckles. (Hewitt, 2016)

Hewitt, C. (2016). Get the Look: Faux Freckles. [photograph] Available at: http://www.camillahewitt.co.uk/blog/2016/1/5/get-the-look-faux-freckles [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Two. How to create faux freckles. (How To Natural looking FAUX FRECKLES, 2016)

How To Natural looking FAUX FRECKLES. (2016). [video] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Vh5TTwkh8 [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Three. Freckle pencil making faux freckles. (KAST, 2014)

KAST, C. (2014). We Tried It: Faux Freckles. [photograph] Available at: http://people.com/style/we-tried-it-faux-freckles/ [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Four. Would you apply fake FRECKLES to your face? New trend sees beauty gurus using adhesive sheets to print faux spots on their cheeks.(HASLETT, 2016)

HASLETT, S. (2016). Would you apply fake FRECKLES to your face? New trend sees beauty gurus using adhesive sheets to print faux spots on their cheeks. [photograph] Available at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4008086/Would-apply-fake-FRECKLES-face-New-trend-sees-beauty-gurus-using-adhesive-sheets-print-faux-spots-cheeks.html [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Five. Say Hello To Glitter Freckles: The Latest Update In The Faux Freckle . (Dorking, 2016)

Dorking, M. (2016). Say Hello To Glitter Freckles: The Latest Update In The Faux Freckle Trend. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/post/138605051429/meet-the-latest-update-in-the-faux-freckle-trend [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Six. Green and purple faux freckles(KOKO TV, 2016)

KOKO TV, (2016). Makeup: Faux Freckles Trend/ green and purple faux freckles. [photograph] Available at: http://www.kokolife.tv/news/2016/06/07/makeup-faux-freckles-trend/ [Accessed 22 Mar. 2017].

Image Seven. Setting the trend: A stunning model shows off a dusting of yellow, green and dark blue freckles.  (BRENNAN, 2016)


BRENNAN, S. (2016). Setting the trend: A stunning model shows off a dusting of yellow, green and dark blue freckles /Spot the sparkle! After rainbow dots, GLITTER freckles are the latest make up trend to sweep Instagram - but would you leave the house like this?. [photograph] Available at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3429325/Glitter-freckles-latest-make-trend.html [Accessed 26 Mar. 2017].

Design chart #1.based around my faux freckles moodboard. (Pape,2017)
Pape,E(2017).based around my faux freckles moodboard.[photograph]

Moodboard Two.

Image one. Gold and black triangles on the eyes. (Powell, n.d.)

Powell, K. (n.d.). Gold and black triangles on the eyes. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/297096906642930315/ [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Two. Colouful triangles with glitter. (uk.pinterest.com, n.d.)

uk.pinterest.com, (n.d.). Colouful triangles with glitter.. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/502503270897694715/ [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Three. Silver star shape on the eye (Stylist magazine, n.d.)

Stylist magazine, (n.d.). Silver star shape on the eye. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/52495151879224452/ [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Four. Gold glitter with precise eyeliner. (spottedhyenas.tumblr.com, 2014)

spottedhyenas.tumblr.com, (2014). Gold glitter with precise eyeliner. [photograph] Available at: http://spottedhyenas.tumblr.com/post/24467443281 [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Five. Colourful glitter shaped in an upside triangle. (Powell, n.d.)

Powell, K. (n.d.). Colourful glitter shaped in an upside triangle.. [photograph] Available at: http://www.karlapowell.co.uk/post/99985595432/airbrush-makeup-airbrushing-makeup-airbrushing-technique [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Six. Circular silver glitter with pink lips. (uk.pinterest.com, n.d.)

uk.pinterest.com, (n.d.). Circular silver glitter with pink glitter lips. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/99149629275675391/ [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Image Seven. All silver glitter with smoke coming out the mouth. (uk.pinterest.com, n.d.)

uk.pinterest.com, (n.d.). All silver glitter with smoke coming out the mouth. [photograph] Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/321796335851921500/ [Accessed 27 Mar. 2017].

Design chart #2 (Pape,2017)

Pape,E(2017). Design chart #2.[Photograph]



No comments:

Post a Comment