Tuesday 21 March 2017

Finalising my change shoot!

After my initial moodboard about my change shoot ( which you can see Here ) this blog post will all be about finalising ideas for this shoot .

My look will represent how animals are being unnecessary harmed as a result of pollution,my idea for this look is to create a fantasy make up with simple special effects make up, I will be creating a mermaid who has been physically affected by the pollution therefore giving the viewers a shock factor as they see a human being injured in the way that these poor animals are.


Image One .Dark blue's and purples with a hint of pink mermaid make up with adornments to the face and body. (www.glamour.com, n.d.)
Image Two. Zombie mermaid/ this is exactly what I am going for on the neck however I will be including a plastic ring which you see on packs of beer/bottles. (www.popsugar.co.uk, 2016)




Image one and two are my key inspiration for my look as I love different aspects of each  make up. On image One I absolutely love the colouring that is used especially the metallic as this makes the make up to appear to have a wet look that you would expect a mermaid to have , another aspect of this make up I love is the use of adornments to the face and body, this is something that I will totally take into consideration when I am planning my look. The styling of the hair is another factor I like as it has a beachy vibe which again relates back to the fact that she is meant to be a mermaid therefore she would have natural wavy hair due to being in the water.


Image Two is an example of what special effect work I am planning to do on my model however I will be including a plastic ring such as the ones that you can see in my moodboard which I have posted the link above, this is the main feature of my look so I will be ensuring that the main focus will be drawn to this. I love the pose that the model is doing as well as the added blood on her hand as when you are bleeding it is natural for you to touch it, another thing I will be adding to my image is that I will be putting my model in a shell bra and then I will be placing fishing net all over her making it look like she has also been trapped in the netting just like we saw the animals in the blog before this.




Once I had this rough idea I started to create design charts for this look, I have posted them below for you to see!


Image Three.Design chart one.(Pape,2017).


Image one is the first design chart I created for this look, I took all the inspiration I had from the images above and also from my research on the pollution and the effects of sealife. After creating this design chart I decided that I will create another design chart trying out fishnet tights to see how that looks, I will also be including the slit throat in the second design chart.


Image Four.Design chart Two.(Pape,2017)


On this design chart I tried using fishnets to create the scales, I also included the starfish adornment that I will be applying,I really liked the effect that the fishnets created especially when compared to the hand drawn scales I created in image three.


Image Five.My hair design and special effects design plan.(Pape,2017)

My hair design is going to be very natural and simple, I will be curling the hair in order to give it a beachy vibe exactly what you would expect from a mermaid, I will also be including a starfish into the hair design to flow with the one I will be applying to the face.For the special effect work on the neck it will be a simple yet effective piece, I will apply the plastic rings with wax and then I will apply the fake blood around the area, once this is done I will then place the netting over the top of my model.

When I purchased the starfish they arrived white so I decided that I would paint them orange in order to add some extra colour to my look as well as to make them look as real as possible, I have included some pictures of that process below.



Image Six.This is how the starfish arrived.(Pape,2017)

Image Seven.This was after I had hand painted it.(Pape,2017


Product list.
Make Up - 
Skin base foundation by Ilamasqua 
Anastasia Beverly Hills cosmetics dip brow pomade
Grimas pearl 12 palette face paint

Illamasqua mascara in raven midnight black
Starfish adornment
Fishing netting
Plastic can holder 
Mehron stage blood in dark
Fishnet tights

Hair - 

GHD white straighteners
L'oreal elnett hairspray
Starfish adornment



Bibliography-

Image One .Dark blue's and purples with a hint of pink mermaid make up with adornments to the face and body. (www.glamour.com, n.d.)

www.glamour.com (n.d.). Dark blue's and purples with a hint of pink mermaid make up with adornments to the face and body.. [Photograph] Available at: http://www.glamour.com/gallery/mermaid-makeup-how-to-tips#7 [Accessed 18 Apr. 2017].

Image Two. Zombie mermaid/ this is exactly what I am going for on the neck however I will be including a plastic ring which you see on packs of beer/bottles. (www.popsugar.co.uk, 2016)

www.popsugar.co.uk (2016). Image One .Zombie mermaid/ this is exactly what I am going for on the neck however I will be including a plastic ring which you see on packs of beer/bottles.. [Photograph] Available at: https://www.popsugar.co.uk/love/photo-gallery/42445325/embed/42445308/Zombie-Mermaid?utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=US:GB&utm_source=uk.pinterest.com [Accessed 18 Apr. 2017].

Image Three.Design chart one.(Pape,2017).

Pape,E.(2017).Design chart one.[photograph].

Image Four.Design chart Two.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E.(2017).Design chart Two.[photograph]


Image Five.My hair design and special effects design plan.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E.(2017).My hair design and special effects design plan.[photograph].

Image Six.This is how the starfish arrived.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E.(2017)This is how the starfish arrived.[photograph]

Image Seven.This was after I had hand painted it.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E.(2017).This was after I had hand painted it.[photograph]

No comments:

Post a Comment